- With Abigail P. Dowling, eds. Conservation’s Roots: Managing for Sustainability in Preindustrial Europe, 1100-1800. New York: Berghahn Books, 2020. See here.
- “The Medieval Roots of Woodland Conservation: Northern France and Northwestern Europe, ca. 1100-1500.” In Conservation’s Roots: Managing for Sustainability in Preindustrial Europe, 1100-1800, ed. Abigail P. Dowling and Richard Keyser, 203-29. New York: Berghahn Books, 2020.
- “Wood for Burning: The Continuity of Woodland Management in Medieval and Early Modern France.” In Environmental History in the Making. Vol. I: Explaining, ed. Estelita Vaz, Cristina Joanaz de Melo, and Ligia M. Costa Pinto (Basel, Switzerland: Springer, 2017), 307-20. Available here.
- “Agreement Supersedes Law, and Love Judgment: Legal Flexibility and Amicable Settlement in Anglo-Norman England.” Law and History Review 30.1 (Feb., 2012): 37-88. Available here.
- “The Transformation of Traditional Woodland Management: Commercial Sylviculture in Medieval Champagne.” French Historical Studies 32 (2009): 353-84. Available here.
- “La transformation de l’échange des dons pieux: Montier-la-Celle, Champagne, 1100-1350.” Revue Historique 628 (2003): 793-816. Available here.
See also my academia.edu page.