CV, Professional Affiliations and Activities
- cv (reverse chronological order)
- brief bio [PDF], [html]
Affiliations and Activities
- Professor of Public Affairs and Economics, LaFollette School of Public Affairs and Department of Economics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2003-present.
- Associate Director, LaFollette School of Public Affairs, University of Wisconsin, Madison, July 2007-June 2009; July 2013-December 2013.
- Asst. Prof., Assoc. Prof., and Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, University of California, Santa Cruz, 1991-2005 (on leave, 2002-2005).
- Senior Economist for International Finance, President's Council of Economic Advisers, 2000-2001.
- Visiting Fellow, Macroeconomic Analysis Division, CBO, 6-7/2005.
- Visiting Scholar, International Finance Division, Federal Reserve Board , 1994, 1998, 2001, 2006.
- Visiting Scholar, Research Department, IMF , 1995-2002, 2006, 2007, 2011; Consultant on World Economic Outlook, 2007; 2009.
- Wim Duisenberg Fellow, DG Research, European Central Bank, 7-8/2016.
- Visiting Scholar, DG International and European Relations, European Central Bank, 5/2007.
- Consultant, International Macroeconomics Division, Banque de France, 11/2012, 5/2013, 11/2013, 6/2014, 11/2016, 3/2017, 11/2017, 3/2018, 11/2018, 7/2019.
- Member, Panel of Economic Advisers, CBO, 2011-12.
- National Fellow, National Bureau of Economic Research, 2002-03.
- Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research International Finance and Macroeconomics Program , 2002-present; FRF, 1996-2002. National Fellow, 2002-03. co-organizer, IFM spring meetings, 2005-2008.
- Co-editor, Journal of International Money and Finance, September 2012-present.
- Associate Editor: JMCB (2003- ); Review of International Economics (2004-2008); Journal of International Economics (1996-2002).
- Editorial Board: Open Economies Review; Journal of International Economics and Economic Policy (2003-)
- Senior Fellow, UW Center for World Affairs and the Global Economy (WAGE), 2005-2008.
IBRN conference at NY Fed (July, 2019); Banque de France (July, 2019); Banque de France (November, 2018); ECB (June), ESRB ASC meeting (Frankfurt, June); Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Jackson Hole symposium on “Fostering a Dynamic Global Economy,” August 24-26, 2017; IMF-IBRN Joint Conference "The Transmission of Macroprudential and Monetary Policies Across Borders,” April 19, 2017, Washington, D.C.;
UW Department of Political Science conference “Europe in Crisis: The Future of EU and Transatlantic Relations,” April 7, 2017, Madison, WI;
Istituto Affari Internazionale Conference “Major Challenges for Global Macroeconomic Stability: The Role of the G7,” Rome, 27-28 March 2017.
Wim Duisenberg Fellow, European Central Bank (July-August 2016); IMF-Swiss National Bank High Level Conference “Towards a System of Multiple Reserve Currencies,” Zurich, May 10 2016; ACAES panel “Can the Chinese Renminbi Rule?” Allied Social Sciences Association meetings, San Francisco, January 4, 2016.
UW Madison Menzie David Chinn - 14 September 2019