CV, Professional Affiliations and Activities
- cv (reverse chronological order)
- brief bio [PDF], [html]
Affiliations and Activities
- Professor of Public Affairs and Economics, LaFollette School of Public Affairs and Department of Economics, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2003-present.
- Associate Director, LaFollette School of Public Affairs, University of Wisconsin, Madison, July 2007-June 2009; July 2013-December 2013.
- Asst. Prof., Assoc. Prof., and Professor of Economics, Department of Economics, University of California, Santa Cruz, 1991-2005 (on leave, 2002-2005).
- Senior Economist for International Finance, President's Council of Economic Advisers, 2000-2001.
- Visiting Fellow, Macroeconomic Analysis Division, CBO, 6-7/2005.
- Visiting Scholar, International Finance Division, Federal Reserve Board , 1994, 1998, 2001, 2006.
- Visiting Scholar, Research Department, IMF , 1995-2002, 2006, 2007, 2011; Consultant on World Economic Outlook, 2007; 2009.
- Wim Duisenberg Fellow, DG Research, European Central Bank, 7-8/2016.
- Visiting Scholar, DG International and European Relations, European Central Bank, 5/2007.
- Consultant, International Macroeconomics Division, Banque de France, 11/2012, 5/2013, 11/2013, 6/2014, 11/2016, 3/2017, 11/2017, 3/2018, 11/2018, 7/2019, 2020-21.
- Member, Panel of Economic Advisers, CBO, 2011-12.
- National Fellow, National Bureau of Economic Research, 2002-03.
- Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research International Finance and Macroeconomics Program , 2002-present; FRF, 1996-2002. National Fellow, 2002-03.
- Co-editor, Journal of International Money and Finance, September 2012-present.
- Associate Editor: JMCB (2003-09); Review of International Economics (2004-2008); Journal of International Economics (1996-2002).
- Editorial Board: Open Economies Review; Journal of International Economics and Economic Policy (2003-)
:Conference on Financial Globalization and De-Globalization: Perspectives and Prospects," City U HK-USC-U.Osnabrueck-JIMF (May), UC Riverside (May 2021), Bank of Italy (June), Banque de France (July, scheduled); Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas (October, 2020);
International Business School, Brandeis University (January 2019), IBRN conference at NY Fed (July, 2019); Banque de France (July).
UW Madison Menzie David Chinn - 10 July 2021