Bruce E. Hansen
Revised: January 14, 2016
University of Wisconsin
Copyright 2000, 2016
This is a draft of a first-year Ph.D. econometrics textbook.
This manuscript may be printed and reproduced for individual or instructional use, but may not be printed for commercial purposes.
Comments are welcome.
Solutions for the exercises are NOT available.
Current Manuscript (2016)
Formatted for printing.
Screen Version (2016)
Formatted for screen reading on a Tablet.
Use two-page view on horizontal screens.
2. Conditional Expectation and Projection
3. The Algebra of Least Squares
4. Least Squares Regression
5. A Introduction to Large Sample Asymptotics
6. Asymptotic Theory for Least Squares
7. Restricted Estimation
8. Hypothesis Testing
9. Regression Extensions
10. The Bootstrap
11. Nonparametric Regression
12. Series Estimation
13. Generalized Method of Moments
14. Empirical Likelihood
16. Univariate Time Series
17. Multivariante Time Series
18. Limited Dependent Variables
19. Panel Data
20. Nonparametric Density Estimation
Appendix A: Matrix Algebra
Appendix B: Probability
Appendix C: Numerical Optimization
Manuscripts from Previous Years