The Center for Demography of Health and Aging (CDHA) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison was founded in 1999 by the National Institute on Aging (NIA). This award (P30 AG017266) made possible the formal organization of activities that already existed on campus, including data collection as well as substantive and methodological research on aging. Over the years CDHA built a dynamic training and research program that rests on a strong interdisciplinary foundation and easily adapts to new discoveries and developments.
CDHA Research Themes
- Aging and the life course
- Determinants of disparities (ethnic, socioeconomic, geographic) of aging trajectories
- Comparative international studies of population aging
- Social and economic aspects of aging
CDHA's Major Surveys
- Wisconsin Longitudinal Study (WLS)
- National Survey of Families and Households (NSFH)
- Health, Wellbeing and Aging in Latin America and the Caribbean (SABE)
- The Mexican Health and Aging Study (MHAS)
- Puerto Rican Elderly Health Conditions (PREHCO)
- Wisconsin Assets and Income Studies (WAIS)
Latin American Mortality Database (LAMBdA)
The Latin American Mortality Database (LAMBdA) contains vital statistics, life tables, and population counts from 19 Latin American countries for 1840 through 2014.
Workshop on Adult Mortality Determinants Calls for Abstracts, October 8, 2015
AcademyHealth Health Policy Fellowship at NCHS, September 1, 2015
NECSI Call for Applicants, August 27, 2015
Postdoctoral Position at Duke University, June 19, 2015
CDHA's weekly training seminar on the University of Wisconsin campus provides training and profession development to graduate students in the demography of health and aging.
Friday, October 9
Room 8417 Social Science
Practice Job Talk: Intermarriage and Social Exclusion in China
Yu Wang, UW-Madison Sociology PhD Candidate
Other seminars and meetings relating to health and aging at UW-Madison.
Monday, September 21
Union South, University of Wisconsin-Madison
The University of Wisconsin Federal Research Data Center Inaugural Workshop
Check this link for more information.